Warehousing, Receiving and Packaging
Stockton, California, United States$17 - $19 per hourWarehousing, Receiving and Packaging Specialist
First and Foremost
Go back to rareparts.recruitee.com if you haven't already and watch our short videos and get to know us a little better.
Here at Rare Parts, Inc. it is the Warehouse Packaging Specialist/Receiving Agent’s purpose to receive incoming Purchase Orders and Returns, assemble and package parts and/or kits accordingly so that they are ready to be shipped to customers. The Warehouse Packaging Specialist/Receiving Agent will also serve as a point of quality control to assure that the Rare Parts, Inc. parts about to be shipped conform to the high standards that have been set forth.
What You'll Do
- First and foremost work as a team closely along with 2 to 3 other department members, along with all Rare Parts, Inc team members, to accomplish company objectives and goals. Being an active and willing participant in contributing to our great work environment and culture we strive to uphold on a continuously improving, daily basis.
- Be able to adapt to constant change. As a Lean Company, we practice continuous improvement, constantly seeking a higher standard.
- Be computer efficient enough to utilize Netsuite.
- Netsuite is the software program we use to manage everything we do at Rare Parts, Inc. including but not limited to inventory, product control, work flow, etc.
- Attend Morning Lean Meetings every Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
- You may at some point be asked to lead a meeting.
- Receive, Inspect, Process and Restock incoming Purchase Orders.
- Receive, Inspect, Process and Restock incoming Returns.
- This may require some use of wire wheel, small sand blast and small power tools in order to refurbish parts.
- Assemble, package and stock parts and assembly kits coming from manufacturing per SOP.
- Report any discrepancies immediately.
- Check in all ground deliveries on a daily basis.
- Receive all incoming LTL deliveries.
- Communicate with All Rare Parts team members in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Follow very high quality service standards and comply with all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
- Through 5 S'ing (Sort, Set In Order, Shine, Standardize & Sustain) keep surrounding work area clean, neat, organized and floor free of tripping hazards.
- Regular and consistent attendance as per your schedule, including but not limited to arriving to your work station ready and on time, clocking in and out from your breaks and/or lunch appropriately.
- Any other job as assigned by the supervisor.
Where You'll Work
A warehouse Packaging Specialist/Receiving Agent will work in a standard non-cooled warehouse environment where temperatures may be warmer than normal during the summer months (fans provided) with some outdoor exposure. While heating is provided during the winter months, temperatures can be lower than normal as well during this time. The warehouse is completely enclosed from the elements. The environment may be noisy from time to time. This is a hands-on position, there will be times where you will get dirty. Some standard office and warehouse equipment used regularly may include, but is not limited to: computers, phones, hand trucks, forklifts, box cutters, tape dispensers.
- Passion for the automobile industry preferred
- Some Warehouse experience
- Auto Parts Experience